Sunday, November 16, 2008

Kind of fell behind on posting. Feel like I haven't had a minute since returning from the shoot in Mexico. That's a good thing though, helps to avoid the post trip sadness! LA is burning again. So many people have lost their homes, the sky is even browner than usual. For everyone's sake, I hope they get a handle on it soon.
Random photos to post later on. On a side note-- I watched an amazing documentary the other night by Werner Herzog- "Little Dieter Needs to Fly." I'm sometimes torn over Herzog's documentaries but this one I really loved. This one is about a man (Dieter Dengler) who's dreams to fly lead him to the Vietnam War. He was shot down over Laos and taken prisoner with a few others. His story is a bit overwhelming at times, what he went through, but his fight to survive is beyond inspiring.
The footage that Herzog came up with is really great as well as a really uncomfortable scene where he has locals tie Dengler up and walk him through the jungles of Laos. I'm not sure I could of asked someone to do that but the end result is pretty moving... check it out if you get a chance.
CP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home