Saturday, December 06, 2008

"I PROMISE YOU THIS, I'LL ALWAYS LOOK OUT FOR YOU, THAT'S WHAT I'LL DO" CM



Photo:Wroclaw, Poland, 2001


Seems like a lot of friends are having hard times these days. Feels like the state of the world is finally rearing it's ugly head in our personal lives. It was inevitable. So many times this week I've said "things will get better, you just need to get through this." And it's true. Things always do get better, it's just a matter of getting through it. Reminded me of this photo I made in Poland. I was very sad, maybe the saddest I've ever been in my life. I remember the (1/60th of a )second I made that photo that I knew everything would be ok. It was the strangest sensation and I'm not really sure I can explain it. I just remember having a rush of hope after hearing the shutter. It was so ironic standing in the middle of what was once was a Jewish ghetto in Poland and thinking "you know, it will be ok." And eventually, it was and I was and I am. It's just a matter of going through it, getting through it and eventually, you will. I promise you that.
Be good to one another.
Love,
Chrissy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home